1) Is there a story in particular that you want to tell?
2) Where does the label of "mother" fit in your identity?
3) If you have chosen not to have children, can you share with us the circumstances surrounding that choice? Tell us about the joys and challenges of being child-free.
4) What do you love about motherhood/parenthood?
5) What do you find discouraging or downright hate about motherhood/parenthood?
6) When have you felt like you’re succeeding as a mother/parent?
7) When have you felt like you’re failing as a mother/parent?
8) If you experienced postpartum depression or anxiety after delivering a child, can you tell us about how you felt emotionally and mentally? Did you have support during this time? And what obstacles did you face is tending to your needs?
9) What is your experience (if any) of what the media refers to as "the Mommy Wars" - meaning the public judging or judgement of other mothers.
10) Many people become parents because they gain guardianship of someone else's children. If this describes you, please tell us about the process by which you gained guardianship. Did this lead to adoption? Or was it temporary?
11) If you have interacted with Child Protective Services in any way, what was your experience?
12) If you have ever been forcibly separated from your child/ren, can you please tell us about the events that lead to that separation and how you felt about during the separation?
13) If you have crossed a national border with your child, as either an asylum seeker, refugee, or as part of some other forced migration, can you please tell us about that process? Did you have any support during that process? What obstacles did you face?
14) If you have ever had to fight for custody of your children within the confines of the American legal system, can you tell us about that process?
15) What compelled you to participate in this project?
16) Is there anything we didn't ask that you'd like to write about?
I agree that Moderate Woo Theatre Collective (the "Interviewer") may collect my words and answers from this form and that Moderate Woo shall be the owner of these answers, known as the “Materials” and shall have the right, throughout the universe and in perpetuity, to use and to license others to use in any manner, all or any portion of the Materials, and my words, likeness and biographical information, in, and in connection with, the theatre project currently referred to as “The Motherhood Project” (the “Project”) and the promotion thereof, and otherwise in Interviewer’s discretion, in any manner and media now known or hereafter devised, including, without limitation, in connection with live theatre performance.
I acknowledge that Moderate Woo is under no obligation to utilize the Materials or any rights granted to Interviewer hereunder, and I hereby waive any right of inspection or approval of my appearance in the Materials, the Project, or otherwise. For the avoidance of doubt, Moderate Woo shall have the right to edit and re-arrange the Materials, and my appearance therein, in Interviewer’s sole discretion.
I represent and warrant that: I have the right and authority to enter into this Release; I am over 18 years of age and the rights I have granted hereunder will not violate, conflict with or infringe upon the rights of any third party; and any statements made by me are true, to the best of my knowledge, and that use of any statements made by me will not violate, or infringe upon, the right of any individual or entity. I hereby release and discharge Interviewer, and Interviewer’s successors, licensees and assigns, and any representatives thereof or others involved in the Project, from and against any claims of any nature (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation or right of publicity) arising out of, or in connection with, the exercise of any rights or permissions granted to Interviewer hereunder.
I acknowledge and agree that Interviewer may, in its sole discretion, assign or license its rights under this Release to third parties, and that Interviewer and such assignees or licensees will rely on and incur certain expenses based on the grants and permissions given to Interviewer under this Release. I acknowledge that, other than as stated herein, Interviewer has not said or promised anything to induce me to grant Interviewer this Release. This Release, and all the rights granted to Interviewer hereunder, are irrevocable and not subject to rescission, revocation or termination. My sole remedy under this Release shall be an action at law for money damages, if any, and in no event shall I seek, or be entitled to receive, injunctive or other equitable relief that would enjoin or restrain the development, production or other exploitation of the Materials or Project, or any rights therein or related thereto. This Release is the entire agreement between Interviewer and me with respect to the subject matter hereof and shall be governed by the laws of the State of which I am a resident applicable to agreements made and wholly performed therein, without giving effect to the conflicts of law provisions thereof.
I Agree & Consent