1) Is there a story in particular that you want to tell?
2) Where does the label of "mother" fit in your identity?
3) How much of your identity is being a Mother? Do you wish it was more or less?
4) If you underwent an in vitro fertilization process, can you talk about the mental and emotional part of that journey?
5) If your in vitro process was unsuccessful, please share about your decision to stop or continue.
6) Describe a joyful moment during your pregnancy.
7) Describe a challenging moment during your pregnancy.
8) What was your model of motherhood growing up?
9) If you are a parent now, how do you try to emulate or distance yourself from that model?
10) If you experienced miscarriage or a stillbirth, can you share about the weeks and months that followed? Did you have a support system in place? What feelings did you have after the event itself was complete?
11) If you've experienced miscarriage or stillbirth, were you able to honor that process in a particular way?
12) If you've adopted, can you tell us about the process of waiting for your child to arrive?
13) If you had a biological/gestational child, can you share with us any surprises in the delivery process?
14) How did becoming a mother/parent change your perceptions of your own parents?
15) Can you talk about how you and/or your life changed after the arrival of your child? Do you grieve or miss things about your life pre-children?
16) If you've had an abortion can you share how you felt after having the procedure?
17) Can you describe for us the difference between your experience of private parenthood vs. public parenthood? (For our purposes, we understand private to mean what happens outside the public eye in the privacy of your own home and public to mean what happens under the gaze of your community.)
18) What do you wish you had known about motherhood/parenthood before having a child?
19) What compelled you to participate in this project?
20) Is there anything we didn't ask that you'd like to write about?
I agree that Moderate Woo Theatre Collective (the "Interviewer") may collect my words and answers from this form and that Moderate Woo shall be the owner of these answers, known as the “Materials” and shall have the right, throughout the universe and in perpetuity, to use and to license others to use in any manner, all or any portion of the Materials, and my words, likeness and biographical information, in, and in connection with, the theatre project currently referred to as “The Motherhood Project” (the “Project”) and the promotion thereof, and otherwise in Interviewer’s discretion, in any manner and media now known or hereafter devised, including, without limitation, in connection with live theatre performance.
I acknowledge that Moderate Woo is under no obligation to utilize the Materials or any rights granted to Interviewer hereunder, and I hereby waive any right of inspection or approval of my appearance in the Materials, the Project, or otherwise. For the avoidance of doubt, Moderate Woo shall have the right to edit and re-arrange the Materials, and my appearance therein, in Interviewer’s sole discretion.
I represent and warrant that: I have the right and authority to enter into this Release; I am over 18 years of age and the rights I have granted hereunder will not violate, conflict with or infringe upon the rights of any third party; and any statements made by me are true, to the best of my knowledge, and that use of any statements made by me will not violate, or infringe upon, the right of any individual or entity. I hereby release and discharge Interviewer, and Interviewer’s successors, licensees and assigns, and any representatives thereof or others involved in the Project, from and against any claims of any nature (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation or right of publicity) arising out of, or in connection with, the exercise of any rights or permissions granted to Interviewer hereunder.
I acknowledge and agree that Interviewer may, in its sole discretion, assign or license its rights under this Release to third parties, and that Interviewer and such assignees or licensees will rely on and incur certain expenses based on the grants and permissions given to Interviewer under this Release. I acknowledge that, other than as stated herein, Interviewer has not said or promised anything to induce me to grant Interviewer this Release. This Release, and all the rights granted to Interviewer hereunder, are irrevocable and not subject to rescission, revocation or termination. My sole remedy under this Release shall be an action at law for money damages, if any, and in no event shall I seek, or be entitled to receive, injunctive or other equitable relief that would enjoin or restrain the development, production or other exploitation of the Materials or Project, or any rights therein or related thereto. This Release is the entire agreement between Interviewer and me with respect to the subject matter hereof and shall be governed by the laws of the State of which I am a resident applicable to agreements made and wholly performed therein, without giving effect to the conflicts of law provisions thereof.
I Agree & Consent